Arranging the Funeral
There are many different things to consider when arranging a funeral, some you will have already thought of and others which you may not. In the first instance you will need to decide on whether the person who has died is to be buried or cremated. This choice will be influenced by a number of factors including the wishes of the person who has died and their personal beliefs.
Although our trained staff will take you through all the arrangements, it may help if you know the things you need to consider
Below are the general things you need to think about when arranging a funeral. It is not a definitive list and there may be things particular to your circumstances that have not been included. The person who arranges the funeral with you will be able to answer further queries. We are happy for you to meet with us either by coming to our offices or we will arrange to visit you at home.
- What sort of transport do you need on the day and for how many people?
- Where would you like the service for the funeral to be held?
- Would you like music?
- Do you require a press notice?
- Would you like flowers or donations or both?
- Where you would like your loved one to be buried or the ashes to be interred?
- Do you have any strong wishes on the memorial you would like, as churchyards and cemeteries all have varying rules which can restrict your choice.
Our experienced staff are able to draw on wide variety of resources which will enable you to make the funeral as individually personal as you would like.