This unique and rewarding role is perfect for those who enjoy helping people during a difficult time in their lives. You will potentially be the very first contact with our clients and you will be part of the team planning a bespoke funeral service for their loved ones.
No two days are the same and you will meet the bereaved in a variety of circumstances and need to be a good communicator, empathetic, organised, good under pressure and have a high attention to detail.
This role is a full time role, but to support three of our funeral homes – in Stopsley, Dunstable and Hemel Hempstead so a driving licence is an essential requirement of the role.
- To support branch colleagues with general administration duties – answering the phone, greeting visitors, managing post, filing, and ensuring that the branch runs effectively
- To support branch colleagues with funeral related duties – overseeing client visits to our chapels of rest and all other branch visitors
- To support our Pre-Need plan with general administration and diary duties and provide phone cover during appointments
- To work closely with other colleagues across the business to provide exemplary service
- To ensure that payments, invoices and donations are dealt with in the appropriate manner
- Proactively deal with queries efficiently, promptly, and courteously
- To ensure that all work is completed accurately and to a high standard
- Work closely with local organisations such as churches, hospitals, GP’s, Crematoriums and Cemeteries
- Participate in Bereavement support groups and community activities
- The ability to be able to work well in a team and in a fast paced environment
- To be approachable and polite to clients with a smart appearance and
- Excellent communication skills and a pleasant telephone manner.
- Have good computer skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- On-site parking
- All uniform provided following successful completion of your probation period
- 31 days a year inclusive of bank holidays
- Contributory pension
- Non-contributory life cover
- Continued professional development as a part of Neville Funerals’ Life Long Learning Programme
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER AND MEMBERS OF THE EQUALITY REGISTER, “COMMITTED 2 EQUALITY”