This role is primarily involved with the care of the deceased and presentation of deceased persons, the removal of the deceased from the place of death and attendance on funerals as a driver and bearer, and care of the fleet.
Driver Bearer Duties
- To care for the deceased at all times
- To convey the deceased from their place of death to the appropriate location (funeral home/hospital) and to carry this out with dignity and respect for the deceased and their family and prepare them for their funeral in accordance with instructions and training given and complying with any additional wishes of the family
- To remain composed and act professionally and appropriately at all times
- To perform the additional duties required to implement a funeral according to our standards and procedure
- Caring for and maintaining all company vehicles to the highest standard, which may include washing and valeting vehicles on a daily basis
- To be of clean and smart appearance
- To be punctual at all times
- To have and retain a full UK driving licence
- To have excellent attention to detail
- To understand the importance of the role being performed and, specifically, that the care of the deceased is an honour
Standard hours of work are 8.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, but following successful completion of your probation you will be part of the on-call rota which includes work at evenings, weekends and public holidays for which you will receive additional remuneration.
- Highly competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- 31 days a year inclusive of bank holidays
- All training as required
- Full uniform supplied
- Contributory pension
- Non-contributory life cover
- Continued professional development as part of Neville Funerals’ Life Long Learning programme
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER AND MEMBERS OF THE EQUALITY REGISTER, “COMMITTED 2 EQUALITY”
This role outline is for guidance and information only. It is not exhaustive and neither does it form any part of a contract.