This unique and rewarding role is perfect for those who enjoy helping people during a difficult time in their lives. From the very first contact made by our clients, you will be instrumental in planning a bespoke funeral service for their loved one.
No two days are the same and you will meet the bereaved in a variety of circumstances. You will need to be a good communicator, empathetic, organised, good under pressure and have a high attention to detail.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To arrange a funeral in accordance with our clients’ wishes and within company policy
- Offer transparent advice on our funeral options clearly explaining the cost, payment expectancies and invoice terms
- To work closely with other colleagues across the business to provide exemplary service
- Complete all administrative tasks both on paper and digitally to capture funeral details
- To ensure that payments, invoices and donations are dealt with in the appropriate manner
- Proactively deal with queries efficiently, promptly, and courteously
- To ensure that all work is completed accurately and to a high standard
- Support the family during chapel visits and when spending time with the deceased
- Work closely with local organisations such as churches, hospitals, GP’s, Crematoriums and Cemeteries
- Participate in Bereavement support groups and community activities
- The ability to be able to work well in a team and in a fast paced environment
- Possess initiative to share workload appropriately in order to complete an arrangement
- To be approachable and polite to clients with a smart appearance and demeanour.
- Excellent communication skills and a pleasant telephone manner.
- Have good computer skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Have a full clean driving licence and be prepared to work across multiple locations
The successful applicant will be discreet, well presented, highly motivated, possess excellent organisational and communication skills, be willing to work within a fast-paced environment and within a close-knit team. In return, we offer a competitive rate of pay plus benefits and training will be given and a uniform provided.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER AND MEMBERS OF THE EQUALITY REGISTER, “COMMITTED 2 EQUALITY”